Delegates should have previously attended and passed our Unit 1 Fire Detection Design course before booking and attending these courses.
Building further the knowledge and understanding of Fire Detection Design gained through attendance on our Unit 1 course, these courses will develop delegates to an advanced level of understanding of system design, estimating and planning for fire protection systems. Spread over two days with the first specialising on Advanced Detection Design and the second day concluding the studies of day one before moving on to Advanced Alarm design, delegates will undergo intensive training and ongoing assessment ensuring that they fully understand the subject and successfully complete the course.
This intensive course is run over two days and follows on from the Unit 1 Fire Detection Design course. Covering advanced aspects of both Fire Detection and Fire Alarm Design, delegates will gain the knowledge and understanding and provide fire protection design schemes serving the needs of your client to ensure their compliance with the Fire Safety Order 2005.
Who should attend?
Delegates that have previously attended and passed the Unit 1 Fire Detection Design course, and are involved in system design and estimation. These courses are especially suited to Designers, Consultants and System House Engineers.
Day 1 - Advanced Detector Design
- The application of BS5839-1 (2202) for detector coverage and spacing
- Efficient usage of detectors
- Effect of obstructions, such as beams
- The effect of ptched roofs for all types of detector
- The categories of protection in the latest Code of Practice
- Detection in voids, lift shafts and stairways
Day 2 - Advanced Alarm Design
- Detailed design calculations for alarms
- The effect of ambient noise
- The recommendations for alarm zones and phased evacuation
- Communications with the fire service
- Cable limitations. especially for loops
- The recommendations for network cables
- Battery calculations for standby and alarm durations
All delegates will be provided with a comprehensive manual covering the material included in the course and additional support material, serving as a valuable point of reference after completion of the training. The ongoing assessment included during the two days will also provide the delegate with a scheme design for alarms. Delegates achieving 75% or more in the assessments will be awarded and FIA certificate stating that they have attended and passed the course.
During this course you will be provided with a manual to assist in the learning process and there are tests where you will be expected to read questions and write answers. The FIA is unable to make special provision for those who are unable to complete these tasks.
Benefits to the individual and your company:
- Advanced knowledge of fure protection systems allowing effective design of fire detection and fire alarm systems for your clients
- The inclusion of design and consultancy services to fulfil your clients needs